Featured Articles for Purebrush, the World's Best Toothbrush Cleaner
Dr. Gabe Mirkin Radio Show Washington, DC
TOOTH LOSS AND HEART ATTACKS Gabe Mirkin, M.D.
A study from Harvard School of Public Health shows that doctors who have gum disease are at high risk for having blocked arteries in their legs. Many previous studies have reported the association between gum disease and heart attacks and strokes. This study shows that men who suffer from gum disease have one and a half times the chance of having blocked arteries to their legs, while losing teeth from gum disease doubles chances. Having lost a tooth in the last six years markedly increased a person's chances of having blocked arteries.
For years, doctors were unable to explain why many people with high cholesterol levels do not suffer heart attacks, while many with low levels suffer heart attacks. Recent research show that inflammation is a stronger predictor of heart attacks than cholesterol, and inflammation is often caused by infection. If you have infected gums, a check with your dentist could save your life.
Oral health and peripheral arterial disease. Circulation, 2003, Vol 107, Iss 8, pp 1152-1157. HC Hung, W Willett, A Merchant, BA Rosner, A Ascherio, KJ Joshipura. Joshipura KJ, Harvard Univ, Sch Dent Med, Dept Oral Hlth Policy & Epidemiol, 188 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115 USA
CHRONIC STREP INFECTIONS AND TOOTHBRUSHES
(1) if you have recurrent throat infections with staph or strep bacteria, check your toothbrush, your nose and your mate. Having staph in your nose prevents simple cuts from healing I'm Dr. Gabe Mirkin.
(2) A report in the Archives of Otolaryngology shows that beta strep, that causes rheumatic fever, can be grown from toothbrushes of 30% of children who were infected with that germ and that beta strep can persist in unwashed toothbrushes for 15 days and washed toothbrushes for 3 days.
(3) Another bacteria called staph aureus can persist in the noses of people after they have taken the appropriate antibiotic.
(4) Staph grows so luxuriously in the wet nasal membranes that it is difficult to cure by taking oral antibiotics. A mate who has no symptoms at all can also reinfect you. If you suffer recurrent staph or strep infections, ask your doctor to culture your nose and your toothbrush. I'm Dr. Gabe Mirkin If you have a staph aureus infection, apply an antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin or mupiricin in your nose.
(4,5,6) You can also culture your mate and your toothbrush. If you still have not found a source, ask your doctor to culture his stethoscope. It may be the source of your infection.
(7) 1) VH Livingstone, CE Willis, J Berkowitz. Staphylococcus aureus and sore nipples. Canadian Family Physician 42 (APR 1996): 654-659. 2) RP Wenzel, TM Perl. The significance of nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus and the incidence of postoperative wound infection. Journal of Hospital Infection 31: 1 (SEP1995): 13-24.3) I Brook, AE Gober. Persistence of group A beta-hemolytic streptococci in toothbrushes and removable orthodontic appliances following treatment of pharyngotonsillitis. Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 124: 9 (SEP 1998):993-995. 4) Archives of Internal Medicine July 11, 1994. 5) C Brunbuisson, A Rauss, P Legrand, H Mentec, M Ossart, F Eb, JP Sollet, F Leturdu, A Boillot, Y Michelbriand, JL Ricome, A Boisivon. Mupirocin Treatment of S Aureus Nasal Carriage and of Infection in Intensive Prevention Care Units: A Multicenter Controlled Study. Medicine et Maladies Infectieuses 24: 12 (DEC 1994): 1229-1239. 6) C Watanakunakorn, C Axelson, B Bota, C Stahl. Mupirocin ointment with and without chlorhexidine baths in the eradication of Staphylococcus aureus nasal carriage in nursing home residents. American Journal of Infection Control 23: 5 (OCT 1995): 306-309. 7) MA Smith, JJ Mathewson, IA Ulert, EG Scerpella, CD Ericsson. Contaminated stethoscopes revisited. Archives of Internal Medicine 156: 1 (JAN 8 1996): 82-84.
- "Purebrush provides the protection they need..."
- "Because people forget to change their toothbrushes as often as they should, Purebrush provides the protection they need."
- "Dr visits have decreased dramatically..."
- Purebrush is wonderful! I have two small children and our doctor visits have decreased dramatically since we purchased our Purebrush. I really think your product is great and I believe that you are doing a great thing for people's health.